GasPal (+GRIDDER+TFR) – The State-of-the-Art Gas Simulator
Simulate performance of interconnected, multi-layer, gas reservoirs rapidly
History match full performance spectrum (Q, P/Z, WGR, CGR, well-tubing-flowline DP)
Create model, enter data, plot-analyze results, report output via graphic user interface
Compute fully-implicit nodal analysis (reservoir, tubing and surface network)
Perforate and plug layers using automated rule-based procedure
Calculate three-phase (GWO) flow in the reservoir with aquifer influx, water drive
Calculate Darcy/non-Darcy flow (kh, AB, AFBC,C/n), relative permeability curves
Calculate flow of reservoirs’ plus tariff gas through surface network of compressors, chokes, loops, splits to multiple off-take points, trace composition and heating value
Generate production schedules with spare capacity, minimum well rates
Build complex reservoir grid with GasPal’s pre-processor GRIDDER
Tune tubing DP correlations, generate IPR & TI curves using TFR
Model gas storage reservoirs
Power Points June 2009
GasPal – consists of 3 programs, GasPal, GRIDDER and TFR. An auxiliary, UPSCLR, generates a GasPal-grid from a Petrel geological model.
– is a nodal analysis simulator that calculates pressure and flow rate of NAG plus water & oil. Because it solves an implicit formulation of the flow equations, Gaspal converges smoothly. Rapid computing speed allows practical solution of large models. A model with over 700 NAG producers and 2000 flow segments simulates 300 monthly time steps in less than 30 minutes. This application exemplifies GasPal’s powerful capability to plan development and operation of multi-reservoir complexes, including generation of production schedules with spare capacity. GasPal’s detailed well routines and tailored history matching features facilitate analyzing well performance in single reservoir runs. TOTAL[Indonesia, The Hague, Pau], EBN[Dutch Government]
VIDEOS (on You Tube)
“A quick tutorial on how to rapidly build a single reservoir model with GasPal”
- Fix errors in calculation, data input, graphic display and tabular output.
- Test and validate calculation results questioned by users.
- Issue updated release if Microsoft updates Windows OS libraries that affect the operation of the software.
- Issue updated versions of Software License as needed.
- Answer questions related to the operation of the software, up to 24 hours per year per license. Help beyond 24 hours is considered training or consulting.
- Documentation is in the program itself as part of F1.
Your training begins when you buy our software with excellent documentation, online help. Once you become familiar with your new software, we highly recommend you also have more in depth training by coming to our headquarters in Southern California for one to two week training or we could send our one of our instructors to your location.
Contact Me If You Would Like More Information